ASE A7 Heating Air Conditioning Practice Test
5. All of the following are true about the air temperature blend door in the circuit illustrated above EXCEPT:
- A. It has a microchip and logic.
- B. It operates on CAN Class A network.
- C. The actuator contains a microchip and logic.
- D. It operates on the CAN protocol.
Answer A is wrong. Each motor has a unique ID. An actuator with a lower ID has priority over an actuator with a higher ID.
Answer B is correct. There are three speeds. Class A is the slowest. The climate control network is typically on a Class B network with speeds up to 125 Kbps. Class C CAN operates at speeds up to 1 Mbps for engine and transmission critical sensor data.
Answer C is wrong. Each motor has a unique ID. An actuator with a lower ID has priority over an actuator with a higher ID.
Answer D is wrong. Vehicles manufactured in 2008 and up contain networks that operate on the CAN protocol.