1. A vehicle's factory alarm system activates on its own. Technician A says this could be a faulty courtesy light switch. Technician B says the alarm system's control module uses current sensitive switches. Who is correct?
3. Two technicians are discussing a battery that discharges overnight, even after it's been fully charged the day before. Technician A says this could be a slow drain caused by a faulty alternator. Technician B says this is most likely caused by a parasitic drain. Who is correct?
5. An alternator output test is being performed on a vehicle's charging system. Technician A says engine idle must be increased during this test. Technician B says the vehicle's accessories must be turned on during this test. Who is correct?
7. A power antenna is inoperative. The technician replaces the recommended 15 amp fuse and the element melts immediately. Technician A says this could be caused by a short circuit. Technician B says to use a 20 amp fuse to protect this circuit. Who is correct?
10. Technician A says to use the scan tool's datastream to evaluate input from the (ECT) engine coolant temperature sensor. Technician B says to use a scan tool to analyze input from a fuel gauge that reads full at all times. Who is correct?
11. A vehicle's battery is being tested for capacity. Technician A says during a battery capacity test the voltage should not drop below 9.6 volts at 70° F. Technician B says a battery's voltage reading should increase as temperature decreases. Who is correct?
12. Technician A says changing the field current changes the alternator's voltage output. Technician B says the control module adjusts voltage regulation according to battery temperature and voltage. Who is correct?
14. The headlights get brighter as a vehicle is accelerated. Technician A says this is caused by a high capacity battery. Technician B says this is caused by high charging system voltage. Who is correct?
17. A vehicle has a starting problem. Technician A says to use an ammeter to test for starter current draw. Technician B says worn brushes will cause high resistance in the starter circuit. Who is correct?
20. A technician replaces a blown fuse in a dome light circuit and the element in the fuse melts immediately. Technician A says if a dome light keeps blowing fuses to check for a short to ground. Technician B says resistance in this circuit has increased current flow. Who is correct?