ASE A7 Heating Air Conditioning Practice Test
2. Corrosion at point A of the electrical diagram above will result in:
- A. Excessive resistance in the splice leading to the high pressure sensor.
- B. Voltage drop at the connector of the signal circuit for the high pressure sensor.
- C. Excessive resistance in the reference circuit of the high pressure sensor.
- D. Voltage drop at the connector of the ground circuit for the high pressure sensor.
Answer A is wrong. The symbol indicates that component is a connector not a splice.
Answer B is correct. This is a three wire sensor. From left to right there is a ground circuit, then the signal circuit back to the control module, and the third is the 5 volt reference circuit.
Answer C is wrong. The signal circuit's connector is corroded.
Answer D is wrong. It's a sensor, A/C systems use switches that are either open or closed. They don't modify reference signals like sensor's do.